Matrix Direct's DIY Life Insurance:
No Pressure. No Hassle
Matrix Direct's do-it-yourself (DIY), online life insurance puts customers in control of evaluating their life insurance options and easily securing the coverage they need.
For more than 25 years, Matrix Direct — part of AIG’s Life Insurance division — has assisted one million-plus families in securing quality life insurance coverage through a direct-to-consumer approach. It's convenient, simple, and affordable. Matrix Direct has been a leader in making it significantly easier to apply and buy life insurance. Our solutions include online quotes, applications, e-policy delivery, and even voice signatures.
- No Pressure
- No Hassle
And those who want some help? That’s fine, too. Our Life Insurance agents are licensed experts who are available to answer any questions you may have and can assist with building a customized policy over the phone. Customers can expect a personalized, cost-effective, and reliable experience.
A Security Blanket of Solutions
Matrix Direct provides our customers wide-ranging solutions to potential issues that affect every family at some point: funeral expenses and medical bills, rent or mortgage protection for survivors, sustainability challenges for business owners, funding a child's future education, paying o¬ff outstanding debt … and many more.*
*The use of Death Benefits is unrestricted.
We believe life insurance is a security blanket that helps our customers financially protect their loved ones.
And that's a good thing.
Here's a brief introduction to three of our key DIY life insurance products.
Term Life Insurance
Term Life is straightforward, easy to understand, and widely held. There are good reasons why that’s the case.
- Term Life is flexible and can fit each applicant's specific requirements. We offer 18 different term lengths to choose from.
- Policyholders choose a set period of time (usually 10 to 30 years).
- Many policies can subsequently be converted to permanent insurance.
- It is affordable, with fixed monthly rates.
- Term Life pays the policy's full face amount to beneficiaries (but it doesn't accrue cash value, as do some other life products).
- Term Life Insurance offer level term rates - the payment amount remains flat throughout the policy.
- Renewable and Convertible options are available.
Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance
Guaranteed Issue Whole Life is a senior life insurance option designed for people between 50 to 80 years of age. It helps their surviving loved ones cope by providing final expense insurance benefits such as medical bills, credit card debt, or funeral costs.
- Qualification is automatic — no medical exams or health questions are required.
- Lifetime coverage.
- Policies effective within 48 hours.
- Policy coverages range from $5,000 to $25,000.
- Premiums are level or fixed and are guaranteed not to increase during the life of the policy.
Your DIY experience at Matrix Direct also provides access to valuable product resources — including articles and videos — with extensive resources devoted to each product.
Get Started Today
For life insurance coverage, it doesn't get any easier than Matrix Direct.
Our DIY pages provide clear, simple descriptions — and explanations of the benefits — for each product. Whether customers are looking to learn more about Term, Guaranteed Issue Whole Life, Accidental Death, or all three, they can easily obtain the information they need and get a customized quote.
The process begins with a few simple demographic questions before consumers are on their way through an evaluation (and purchase, if they choose) experience that should take 30 to 45 minutes — and which they can start and stop to fit their schedules.
More than one million people have bought life insurance assistance from Matrix Direct. They have experienced the advantages of securing life insurance online and on the phone, with help from our outstanding life insurance professionals. Reviews consistently show high satisfaction among our customers.
Learn more about Matrix Direct and see for yourself. Remember: it's simple, convenient, and straightforward.